Enjoying our own solitude is so underrated in our society that many people feel guilty or ashamed, having been told they’re selfish of their time or somehow lacking if they’re not coupled up.
I find solitude to be refreshing, freeing, relaxing and healing!
I’m alone by choice but also spend a lot of free time with family, friends or volunteering.
Tired of reading or just watching TV or playing on your phone? Want an interesting pastime but don’t feel you have skills to do something else?
Here’s a few ideas:
- Go for a nature walk and try to take unusual photos with your camera phone
- Take some art or writing supplies out with you and capture what you see and feel
- Stay at home and create or write
- Catch up on that book you’ve been hearing about
- Go for a drive in an area you haven’t been to before
- Check out a local park or attraction
Here’s some ideas for learning new skills:
- Go to a craft of hobby store and take a class or get a recommendation for one,
- Look up workshops on Facebook and see if something sparks your attention,
- Google “workshops and classes near me” to see if there’s something that you hadn’t considered before!
Whether you’re in a relationship or not, you don’t need to fear being alone but can cherish your hours of solitude!
Share some of your favorite ways of enjoying your solitude!
Follow me to have posts land in your Inbox! Follow me for more inspiration for your life!!
Thanks for buying my books on Amazon!
My personal Best Seller: Anger Journal;
Second Best Seller: How to Heal Your Life on a Deep Heart Level.
#love, #growth, #healing, #coloringbooks, #life, #inspiration, #quotes, #happiness, #joy, #personal growth, #pain, #self esteem, #life skills, #empowerment, #encouragement, #support #solitude