I’m sharing an essay on the absurdity of racism, from the viewpoint of big vs. small noses.
When we read this essay the silly arbitrary decision to allow people with big noses wonderful benefits while denying people with small noses seems… small, petty.
Yet the reality of racism, deciding that people of a certain skin color are more important, more intelligent, more worthy than others of darker colors, has permeated our collective consciousness since even before colonialism and the conquering of nations.
I hope you’ll enjoy this essay as much as I have. Below are my experiences laid out as suggestions to help us move forward.
We start by getting to know one another.
For some people who have believed the untruths and damaging lies that were created to rationalize subjugating entire populations, the road to accepting people with darker skin as equals, deserving equal treatment will be challenging to accept.
When we start to get to know whole communities and not just “token friends”, we come to see there are good and bad people in every single community, race, and religion.
We come to see there are smart people in every group. We come to see there are not so smart people in every group.
We come to see that in every group and community there exists a diverse range of people who have different views, abilities, values, and skills.
When we get to know different communities, we see there’s more that unites us than divides us.
The concept of equal rights, equal accessibility to healthcare, and legal help are basic human rights.
When we each have the same accessibility and opportunities, they don’t take anything away from the group of people now experiencing full access.
The costs of not providing equal access have created large expensive problems we’re all shouldering, which people of color negatively experience disproportionately.
By providing equal access and opportunities we would actually end up improving ALL of our lives, and lowering the major costs which our tax dollars go to!
This may sound counterintuitive to you, but countries that have made progress in these areas have proven this to be true!
Here are some articles which may shed some light on this matter for you:
- The Economic Cost of Racism – IMF F&Dhttps://www.imf.org › external › pubs › fandd › 2020/09 by Joseph Losavio
- Cost Of Racism: U.S. Economy Lost $16 Trillion Because Of Discrimination, Bank Says September 23, 20202:42 PM ET by ADEDAYO AKALA
- I read a very interesting article. Miriam Zinter is a Black woman who presents as a white woman. She began her career as a community organizer, was the executive director of a not-for-profit neighborhood organization, became the senior housing programmer for the City of Rochester and now works in the housing finance sector. She serves on a number of boards that serve people who are homeless and people who are poor. https://www.yahoo.com/news/im-black-look-white-horrible-140002729.html
- Article: A White Woman Told Me She Doesn’t ‘Think Of’ Me As Black. Here’s How I Reacted.
Some more wonderful thoughts:
- Angry judgementalism is tearing us all apart!
- Red Ocean or Blue Ocean? How do you think?
- We are all waves of the same ocean!
- Do all that you can… the universe loves each of us and is working things out on our behalf!
- As we practice being gentle and kind with ourselves, we actually help to speed the process of helping our lives become more positive!
- Challenge: When a negative thought enters your mind, think three positive ones. Train yourself to flip the script!
- Brain Rewiring
- You have the power to heal your life, and you need to know that.
- We’re all just walking each other home.
Guided Journals help you work on a particular issue by answering questions to help see patterns and to find solutions:
Thanks for buying my books on Amazon!
#writing #InspirationalWriting #journalwriting #art #creativity #strength #guru #mentor #teacher #HappinessGuru #TamaraHappinessGuru #TamaraKulish #Tamara #HappinessMentor, #love #growth #healing #life, #inspiration, #quotes #happiness #joy #PersonalGrowth #pain #depression #anxiety #SelfEsteem, #LifeSkills #empowerment #encouragement #support #intuition #journal #consciousness #mind #learn #God #universe #angels #spiritual #spirit #awareness #journaling #journal #boundaries #emotionalhealth #mentalhealth #emotions #control #Amazon #Kindle #Twitter #Goodreads #Facebook #blog #author #publishing #encouragement #angermanagement #artjournal #ColoringBooks